Title Sequence Clips
Up to now I've never really payed attention on how much the opening of films would impact how a viewer such as me would result in how invested they would be in watching the films. While watching these films I have noticed how much time and effort it takes for them to make a scene that will grab the audience attention. All producers have different tactics that they do to make their films interesting.
One of the things that I have noticed that filmmakers do it how the make the film in different perspective. In “What about bob” it's all about how bob sees the world. By just looking at that short film I could tell that bob was a germaphobe, scared of the outside world and have's claustrophobia. While in “Gold Finger” I felt like I was there with James Bond myself. They had each clip in a different position, so I really helped me get a feel for what was happing. Not only did it feel like I was in the film, the music made it verry suspenseful. Other things that intrigued me the most would be how for each and every different film the music would vary. Such as for “Scary Movie” the very beginning it starts off with some suspenseful music that sets the tone for the rest of the film. This lets me know right away that the film would have something scary happen. Another film that the music had a big impacted on would be “Jaws”. Without the music piece in the film Jaws, it would of make a huge difference on how the film would be. The music helps us as an audience know when the shark is around but doesn’t let us know when the shark will attack so it makes it pretty suspenseful. I know when I watched the film, I was on the edge of the seat waiting to see what would happen next. The circle of life, a song that introduces “The lion King”. This song is telling a story about a new life a new begging for the king of the jungles newborn kid. Not only does the song have a big impact on the film, all the different animations really caught my eye and make me change my perspective on wanting to make a film for my portfolio project. At first, I was skeptically on wanting to make a film since I didn’t really know much on films. Since I know more about films now I would like a make one. In the article “First frame: titles in the digital realm” it really shows me how cool making a film can be like, "digital technology enables you to puff apart and put together a photographic image..” . Not only that, the article explains how it’s a way to experimented with different ideas and all that.
Comments
Post a Comment