Decision Day

While participating in the in-class tutorials of InDesign and premier pro, I didn't gain much knowledge on knowing how to handle the programs correctly. What I did learn from the tutorials of InDesign and premier pro was, know where all the common/basic things where, but even then the video where going to fast. The tutorials kept on going way to fast and they kept clicking different things while my computer was still loading. This caused a delay and ended up confusing me. Not only were the videos going to fast I came to find that I personally was doing lots of different errors on these apps. Eventually I fixed my errors but, it took me time to figure it all out. For example, these software apps have lots of different cool features, but majority of them are so similar to each other that its difficulty to navigate your self to find the exact one that you need. I felt like what I need is more practice on these apps to master them even if they are perplexing at times. I never knew all the different input that these filmmakers had to put to make these videos. Weighing out what is the best fit for me I feel like making a magazine would be better for me. Storytelling is an important factor to talk about in classrooms. In “Our Place in the Universe: The Importance of Story and Storytelling in the Classroom” it talks about how” Stories form a part of the very fabric of who we are and give insight into the past as much, if not more so, than the histories that we read.”Story telling can be many things to digital puppet shows, digital book reviews, movies with green screen and video-authoring apps. This can be very useful in the classroom especially for elementary. Not only is story telling important, it can also be used to learn about history. “Once again, in an effort to demonstrate to my students that history is narrative, we used journalistic and storytelling techniques to convert these interviews into histories of their own families.” This is showing how we can have first-hand accounts from family members on when they lived through it. An example would be, “Though we can read about World War II, some of our grandparents and great-grandparents actually survived it.”. In “Survival of the Fittest: Four Editors on the Future of Literary Magazines” It explains how readership is going down and if there aren't no subscribers than there isn't any leadership. Lee Gutkind explained how writers can't depend on subscriber's and how the job is about reaching to a wide audience. He also explained not many people subscribe. “Of those who do subscribe to literary journals, many are not what we might consider "mainstream" readers. (For instance, my mother doesn't subscribe to any literary magazines, nor does my barber, nor does my accountant). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Review