Concept Refinement

 While pitching my concept with my classmates, it has seemed to me that it went well. Starting off, I am doing a magazine based on underrated high school hobbies, and the feedback I got from others sparked a couple new ideas. A fellow classmate recommended to interview different people from each different underrated high school hobbies. This could be helpful to destroy bad reputations for each of these different high school groups since they get frowned upon. Another thing that I found useful was the idea of including how each of these different programs get funded. This is useful to know since majority of these programs don’t get much money from the school board. "Maybe this does not sound like abundance and joy, so I apologize. I just think we have a problem in America, and it needs to be fixed.”, a quote from Heather Buchanan. While yes, my problem that I would be addressing in my magazine isn't such a big American problem, it is pretty concerning how all the school's money goes to major sporting evets such as Football, Basketball, Baseball, Lacrosse etc. Another great idea I got from a fellow classmate is how for all the different featured articles on each of my magazine, I should donate a certain percental to that group. The article “The Abundance, Joy, Beauty, Persistence, Power, and Potential of Independent Publishing: A CONVERSATION WITH SIX BLACK EDITORS.” supports my concept since Mensah Demary talks on how you need to listen to the readers and take in all of their ideas. “It's important to be in tune with the interests and conversations of readers who gravitate toward certain books while articulating their desires for greater literary representation, not only in who is published, but in ideas and perspectives.”. Over all my classmates gave positive feedback and gave great advice to amplify my magazine. 

AICE Media Studies AS 

Portfolio Project Concept Refinement 

Fall 2020 

CATEGORY    DETAILS 

Film OR Magazine    Magazine 

Genre    hobbies   

Target Audience (Be specific) My specific targeted audience is specifically to High School Students/ Teenagers. The reasoning on this would be, how this magazine is specially talking about the different hobbies going on around school. This would also become another way for students to become a wear on what's hobbies are going on around campus. This necessarily wont pertain to an older audience since they would much rather look into another magazine that will have hobbies for there age group. 

What is your concept? (Be thorough & specific. Review the links on Blackboard) My concept is based on high school hobbies that don't get the recognition that they deserve. Many different programs go though so much and do lots of different things, just for them not to get the recognition that they desire. They might even be really good at what they do but yet, all the school would do is recognize the football team after winning one game out of all the games they have played in a season. These hobbies that ill mainly focus on would be jrotc, the music program, the art program, Colorguard, and theater.

How did you conceive the idea for this concept?    

 While starting of with conceiving this idea, I had to think about what's a magazine I would actually want to read and learn about? What's something that others would also be interested in? Well, I though about it and came up with the idea of underrated passions. I've realized how majority of us don't know much about what's going on around in our schools. What people do know is the basic active activity's like, football, baseball, soccer etc. but they don't know realize what else there is. Another reason on why I chose this topic is because other people might underestimate how active those hobbies actually are.  

What do you believe is unique about your concept?   

  What's unique about my concept would be how its unlike others. Many other magazine's always talk about the basic hobbies like football, baseball, basketball, cheer and etc. but, mine talks about jotc, the music programs, the art programs, Colorguard, and theater. No one really bothers to even mention there programs name in fear of no one caring. For example people who have no interest in theater might never pick up a magazine specifically about theater but, if they see a magazine that talks about hobbies they have never seen before that can peak an interest.

Why do you believe this product will be of interest to your audience?    

 I think that this magazine of different High School hobbies would be an interest to teens for they could get more informed and potentially join one of these hobbies. If they think to them selves what's something they can do that's fun, but also something that isn't a sport they could always refer back to my magazine to see what's the best fit for them.

  

FEEDBACK RECEIVED FROM PEERS 

A important factor can be to include how theses programs get funded, and how these programs get there things done. 

I could also represent typography. 

A great way to get incite on each and every hobbies would be to get a first hand account from people in those clubs. For example, I could Interview different groups to get their perspective on the whole thing for they could destroy stigmas (like rotc isn't fun).

For the amount of money I get from each and every article, I could always give a certain percent of proceeds to that certain club that ill be talking about.   

Another thing I could do is explain how there are Statewide contests. 

I could also show how to support fundraisers for these hobbies 

 

  

  

  

  

  

  

     

 

  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Review